PYTHONSTARTUP not working on debian?

Rainy sill at optonline.net
Wed May 23 16:34:28 EDT 2001

Hey,

I'm running debian unstable, python 1.5, 2.0 and 2.1(compiled),
and PYTHONSTARTUP is set to ~/.pythonrc.py, which contains
line import time. When I start interactive session, and try
time.time() for example, it gives me a name error, as if
time isn't imported. What's wrong?

--
Delay not, Caesar.  Read it instantly.
                -- Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar" 3,1