Python 2.0 quick reference...

Andreas Dietrich andreas.dietrich at firemail.de
Fri May 25 11:25:59 EDT 2001

On Mon, 21 May 2001 09:29:23 +0100, Simon Brunning wrote:
>>   Why, you're right, that's MUCH easier than installing a simple program
>> like Lynx (it's a standard part of almost all Linux installations -
>> Linux wins again in the ease-of-use and most-programs-readily-available
>> departments) and typing `lynx --dump url >url.txt` (or browsing with
>> lynx and "printing" to a text file, if you don't believe in automating
>> things).
>
>As I admitted elsewhere in this thread, I'm a Microsoft
>victim^h^h^h^h^h^huser. Is Lynx available for Windows?

btw there is another textmode browser called links, which is in at least one
aspect better than lynx: links supports tables.

Get it from <http://artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mikulas/links/>
(win32 guys&gals could try cygwin)

Andreas

--
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the
complete works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not