PIL Gotcha maybe?

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Sat May 5 14:56:02 EDT 2001

In article <9d1g4g$708$1 at 216.39.170.247>, David LeBlanc
<whisper at oz.nospamnet> writes
>I don't know if the square at the url given is still the one you're
>having trouble with, but on my 1280x1024x24bit "truecolor" display using
>IE 5.5, I see a plain green square surrounded by a thin white border - no
>appearance of mottling etc.
>
>Dave LeBlanc
Well it turns out that saving RGB directly to GIF forces PIL to do
Palette fixies and perhaps dithering. If you examine at 400% say you'll
see some different greens in the inner square. Turns out there are a
whole bunch of options for conversion etc.
--
Robin Becker