Against PEP 240

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Tue May 29 11:32:07 EDT 2001

"Oleg Broytmann" <phd at phd.fep.ru> wrote in message
> > for
>    I don't know. The question was "is there are infinite-precision
> arithmetics". And the answer is "yes, there is".

True, I suspect Roman had badly placed the question, relying
on context (long since snipped away:-) to avoid any possible
misinterpretation.  As Python's longs "obviously" (to any
Pythonista:-) provide infinite-precision INTEGRAL arithmetic,
what Roman was asking, I'm pretty sure, is whether there was
inf-precision on NON-INTEGRAL numbers:-).

Alex