Python -> C++ compilation

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Mon May 28 00:50:20 EDT 2001

On Sun, 27 May 2001, Courageous wrote:

>                However, if one is _forced_ to use C++
>>because the project is being developed with it, there are 5 options:
>
>>1. Write in Python then automatically compile into C++ using some
>>tool
>
>You mean if management _approves of that_, which is doubtful if
>they are insisting on C++. While I am personally fond of Python,
>on a more general level if I were tech lead and someone were to
>use their favorite language in lieu of the project language, I'd
>relieve them from the project immediately and also raise a major
>stink.

But if the result will be C++ code, then what is the difference
HOW I've created it? It's up to me if I write it myself or
create/use a tool for code generation. BTW, the later will be
clearer and more structured.

It's easier to me to have logical markup instead of
physical one - so I wrote a program to generate HTML from
my markup (ala XML). And it is also more manageble:
I can change any aspect of the code thruout the site
by editing templates and processing.

I can't see why this can be the problem.
Quality and productivity are what is important, not tools.
And different tools give different result with different
people.

>C//

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
_/ Russia _/ Karelia _/ Petrozavodsk _/ rnd at onego.ru _/
_/ Monday, May 28, 2001 _/ Powered by Linux RedHat 6.2 _/