Python -> C++ compilation

Courageous jkraska1 at san.rr.com
Mon May 28 01:33:52 EDT 2001

>But if the result will be C++ code, then what is the difference
>HOW I've created it?

If you consider the matter for a while, you'll find plenty of
explanations. Just pretend you're me and have an argument
with yourself. :-)

> It's up to me if I write it myself or
>create/use a tool for code generation.

Sometimes it's up to you; often it's not.

>BTW, the later will be clearer and more structured.

Surely you're not suggesting that code generators
produce code intended for human consumption?

>It's easier to me to have logical markup instead of
>physical one - so I wrote a program to generate HTML from
>my markup (ala XML).

This is an argument in favor of XML, in just the way that
you might make an argument in favor of Python. While
both of these I personally find to be of high merit, this is
neither here nor there in this particular argument.

>Quality and productivity are what is important, not tools.

Corporations have additional concerns, like "who's going
to maintain your code after you are gone?" Perhaps, for
example, they don't want to train up a Python staff. If so,
that's their loss, but also their prerogative.

C//