Language comparisons

Gerrit Muller gerrit.muller at philips.com
Wed May 9 08:40:46 EDT 2001

Doug Bagley wrote:
<...snip...>

> I think that would be ideal.  I would certainly need some help on
> that one though.  I don't think I could do justice to even a small
> application written in 20+ languages.
>
> I think that like all benchmarks, mine should be taken with a grain of
> salt too, but if nothing else, it continues to be a good learning
> experience :-)

One of my collegaes pointed me to this website:
http://www.cs.cornell.edu/icfp/contest_results.htm

this type of contest is one way of getting productivity data over
multiple languages.

> Thanks for your input.
>
> Cheers,
> Doug

Regards Gerrit

Gerrit Muller                Philips Research Laboratories Eindhoven
Building:   WLp 1 17                    Prof. Holstlaan 4
Phone: +31 40 27 45242               5656 AA  Eindhoven
Fax:   +31 40 2743741          The Netherlands
mailto:gerrit.muller at philips.com
http://www.extra.research.philips.com/natlab/sysarch/index.html