[jpeg, ...] -> mpeg

Tim Lavoie tool_man at spamcop.net
Tue May 1 11:12:41 EDT 2001

In article <mailman.988671748.20429.python-list at python.org>, Ken Seehof wrote:

>------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C0D18E.5913B980
>

>Is there any tool out there accessible in python that
>will take a sequence of images and convert them into
>a movie file such as mpeg?  I couldn't find anything in
>parnassus.
>
>Thanks,
>
>- Ken

Well, you might want to just cheat a little and build a command-line
to call from python, or else build a module to do the brute-force
stuff. This is the sort of number-crunching which would be painfully
slow in straight Python. I've used a C program called mpeg_encode to
do this sort of thing, and even then it chugs for a bit. Python would
do a nice job of building the param file and calling mpeg_encode though.

  Cheers,
  Tim Lavoie