precompiled scripts?

Stephen Hansen news at myNOSPAM.org
Thu May 10 18:15:01 EDT 2001

    When you first run a script, Python produces a bytecode-compiled version
of the script which has the extention of '.pyc'. That would serve your
purposes, but note that I believe they have to be running the same version
of Python as you, because the specifics of bytecode have a tendency to
change between versions.

    Note that this is not perfect. It can be disassembled with the standard
library 'dis' module, and I believe there is a python decompiler out there.

--S
(replace 'NOSPAM' with 'seraph' to respond in email)

news:Pine.GSO.4.20.0105102103140.18611-100000 at amor...