TCP/IP configuration w/ python on Win2k?

Christopher Lee clee at gnwy100.wuh.wustl.edu
Wed May 16 14:55:20 EDT 2001

Many thanks to all those who offered advice on switching the IP settings of
a win2k machine.   I found that I could change the address and gateway for
the machine using the registry. But after the change, it was necessary to
first disable then re-enable the Local Area Connection (under the network
settings folder).

Using the "netsh" command turned out to be better because it didn't require
that I manually stopped & started the network.  Also, searching the online
help for "netsh" turned out to be a bonanza.  Thanks Pieter!

I now have a scripts that contain:

  runas /user:localhost\Administrator "netsh -f <hostname>-ipsetup.netsh"

To setup the computer to run with IP settings appropriate to <hostname>
with the necessary Administrator permissions.

-chris
--
Christopher Lee
Washington University Dept. of Anatomy and Neurobiology