Invoking Python COM server as 'local' server

Bill Bell bill-bell at bill-bell.hamilton.on.ca
Thu May 31 13:17:37 EDT 2001

To my understanding, one usually builds a local COM server as an
EXE. However, a Python COM server is neither a DLL nor an EXE;
it's a PY. So how the heck does the Python COM machinery
decide whether to create an in-process server or a local server,
particularly when the default _reg_clsctx provides for registration of
a server as both?

Put another way: Having built a Python COM server I would like to
build a Python COM client that fires it up as a local server.

And obviously I'm very confused. (TIA)