DoEvents equiv?

Toby Dickenson tdickenson at devmail.geminidataloggers.co.uk
Fri May 11 08:01:28 EDT 2001

Carlos Ribeiro <cribeiro at mail.inet.com.br> wrote:

>>I disagree.  If you are writing a GUI app, you should design an
>>architecture so that the GUI does not block for long periods of time.
>
>I entirely agree with you. The problem is that I'm not writing a GUI
>application. I'm using PythonWin as my Python environment to do the entire
>development cycle. I think that a lot of people do the same. It's just
>better than using the interpreter in a DOS window, and Scintilla makes for
>a really nice editor. And most of my scripts aren't GUI programs.

To add to what Mark said... If you are running a script inside
PythonWin and want it's GUI to be well behaved, then your script has
to be aware of these GUI-only issues.

> I write
>filters for log processing, data format conversion, and so on (big Radius
>log files just come to my mind :-).

If you dont want to have to worry about GUI-only issues, then dont run
the scripts inside PythonWin's GUI process.

I hope this helps,

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson at geminidataloggers.com