Python 2.0 quick reference...

Max Møller Rasmussen maxm at normik.dk
Mon May 21 05:57:01 EDT 2001

Heres to self loathing for joining in on a rant

> From: kamikaze at kuoi.asui.uidaho.edu

>   I've encountered people who are hostile to it before (sometimes VERY
> hostile, verging on religious jihad, as though the existence of a text
> browser is somehow causing them direct physical harm), but this is the
> first time I've seen someone who allegedly uses computers
> regularly who didn't know what it was.

I guess that almost no one in the windows world knows what Lynx is.

Besides text based programs like Lynx has had their chance at becomming
webbrowser and blew it.

People browsing the web has voted with their feets. They want different
fonts, they want layout, they want pictures. The reason that the web became
so popular was that it had the best combination available of content vs.
layout for people using the browsers. Both sender and receiver.

It is allright to use Lynx as a web browser, but nobody doing web-layout
will ever design sites for it.

The old war between pure content vs. presentation or you could say academics
vs. business has been fought. Business won! And calling people stupid (or
blond) really doesn't change that fact.

Regards Max M