Python STILL prints the wrong international letters

Mark Hammond MarkH at ActiveState.com
Sat May 19 03:40:23 CEST 2001

Max Møller Rasmussen wrote:

> From PyWin I still get garbage when printing.

The posted example works fine for me in both python.exe and Pythonwin on
Win2k.

> The following produces garbage from the windows prompt though :-(

It probably does for me too <wink>.  However, it may depend on how you
determine it is garbage.  Using "type" on the file may produce garbage,
but if you open it in an editor that can show you the bytes, you will
probably find it correct.  If this is the case, then the issue is with
the command-prompt, not python.

Mark.