GNU/Linux vs. Windows as Python platform

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Fri May 18 14:58:02 EDT 2001

This thread could be endless and belongs to *.advocacy usenet groups.

Some tiem ago I read a clever article (I dont recall who wrote it).
(It was about why some people like CLUI, and why others do not.)

Python is a _language_.
Unix (Linux) talks with user using words of languages.
Windows talks with a user by WIMP-thingies.

Those, who prefer (are more effective) with words interface
also prefer Unix/Linux.

Others, who feel better using Windows-Icons-Menus-Pointers
use Windows.

Those programmers, who need to program for people from another
category suffer.

Python allows "wordists" suffer less under Windows, than
another camp when put into UNIX.

Are there any UNIX-haters among Python-lovers?
I guess, not many.

P.S.(Of course, there are tasks where graphical representation is a must.)

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
_/ Russia _/ Karelia _/ Petrozavodsk _/ rnd at onego.ru _/
_/ Friday, May 18, 2001 _/ Powered by Linux RedHat 6.2 _/