Small, Local Web/CGI Server Advice

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Wed May 30 14:45:06 EDT 2001

Eugene Leitl wrote:

> On Wed, 30 May 2001, Michael Ströder wrote:
>
> > IMHO it depends. AFAIK the web application has to behave well.
> > Therefore it does not make sense to deploy Medusa if your
> > application has to wait for long-lasting blocking I/O operations
> > (like slow database connection with only synchronous API calls).
>
> There is a way around the issue, according to Sam Rushing. See his
> comments on the http://yahoogroups.com/group/medusa/messages/

Are you referring to
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/medusa/message/299 ? IMHO this is
another case where the data is already ready to be sent to the
client. I was talking about the situation where collecting the data
is taking some time. E.g. in my case doing LDAP queries takes some
time and the LDAP API does not really provide a way of implementing
it completely event-driven like mentioned there.

Ciao, Michael.