Tkinter problems

Christian Maus maus at netz.klinik.uni-mainz.de
Wed May 23 08:35:09 EDT 2001

Hi there,

I have a Problem using Tkinter and Frames.  I want to use several
toplevel-windows in my Application. I put each of my windows in a class,
except for some "childwindows" that are created by a class method of their
"parent window" e.g. ldapwindow.createLDAPeditwin creates a new
toplevel-window, which can be referred to via a variable (e.g self.subwin).
In one of these childwindows I put a button which calls a method to create
a new frame in the childwindow. Instead of creating a new frame in this
childwindow, containing a label and an entry, it is created in my
mainwindow. When I insert a label directly into the window, instead of a
new frame the label is created in the childwindow just as I intended.

What did I do wrong? Thanks in advance

Christian