include files with a package

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at home.com
Mon May 28 13:10:54 EDT 2001

+1 on disk/archive documented query function :)

-1 on removing sys.path entry 'cause it'd break my current project.  Wait
three days and I'll give you a +1 ;-) .  Seriously, I _like_ the current
semantics, and don't see any reason to remove them, it gives you an easily
understood mechanism for including "excluded" modules that doesn't require
the user to update their scripts specially to be exe-aware.  Drop the
excluded modules/packages into the distribution directory and they work.
Simple, straightforward.

BTW: Offline discussions suggested using sys.exec_prefix or sys.executable
to get the root directory for exe-d packages.

Enjoy, and thanks for the package,
Mike