Design-by-Committee

Michael Hudson mwh21 at cam.ac.uk
Tue May 1 18:24:43 EDT 2001

root at 127.0.0.1 (David) writes:

> One of my worries is that Python seems to have gone from a benign
> dictatorship development model, to a design-by-committee model.

Not really.  Guido's made no promise to listen to said commitee.  He
can be persuaded by it, but doesn't have to be.

> My hope is that they're treading very cautiously.

I think/hope most people involved are aware of the risks.

Cheers,
M.

--
  Our Constitution never promised us a good or efficient government,
  just a representative one. And that's what we got.