[Module] Matfunc.py

Raymond Hettinger othello at javanet.com
Tue May 8 16:34:37 EDT 2001

"Delaney, Timothy" wrote:

> > > Matrix, Vector and Elementwise routines plus curvefitting
> > >
> > > 100% pure python math package (does not require numPy).
> >
> > Any conflicts with NumPy  ??

None.

> If NumPy is installed, does it take advantage of it?

Sorry, the model is completely different.  The idea is to have lightweight
classes
(Elementwise, Vector, and Matrix) that will run anywhere.  My original goal
was to use to make it compatable with Python 1.5.2 so that it would run
equally well on Pippy (for Palm Pilots -- you never know when you might have
to compute eigenvalues in an airport) and Jython, but I wasn't willing to
give-up
list comprehensions and zip.

> Tim Delaney

Let me know if there are any feautures you would like to have added.
My goal now is to add Pivoting to the LU decomposition and see if
there is an easy way to handle complex matrices (currently, they conflict
with float coercion, print formatting, and equality testing).

Raymond Hettinger