Variable inheritance

Samuel A. Falvo II kc5tja at dolphin.openprojects.net
Tue May 22 10:48:29 EDT 2001

On Tue, 22 May 2001 11:58:34 +0400 (MSD), Roman Suzi wrote:
>The badness of multiple inheritance is not bounded with the underlying
>language. It's bad design decision, because it artificially combines two
>classes, which very rarely reflect real situation. (I can't even give
>an example where this could be justified). And doesn't eat the complexity.

That's because there isn't any.  If an object *is* simultaneously two or
more types of things (e.g., a table is simultaneously a hard surface AND a
piece of furniture, whereas a counter-top is just a hard surface), then it
makes sense to be able to express it as such accordingly.

>And I doubt it is good thing to do. Just blindly reusing
>code of two classes != good OOdesign.

I don't think it was the intention of people who came up with MI to let
people just "blindly" re-use code like this.

--
KC5TJA/6, DM13, QRP-L #1447
Samuel A. Falvo II