TIX - I need help Installing

Laura Creighton lac at cd.chalmers.se
Mon May 28 09:27:02 EDT 2001

I can't install it on debian either.  I have Tk 8.2 and Tcl 8.2
already installed.  The last time I tried more recent software
I couldn't get tkinter to work at all -- have things changed?
Itcl however will not work with these.  It wants a more recent version.
I can't futz around with private copies of the libraries depending on
which software you want to run today -- I want _a_ tk, and _a_ tcl and
_a_ tix which I can install on our server. They need to run with
Python 2.1. ... I could live with 2.0 if I had to but not 1.5.2.
Tk and Tkinter must both run  independently of loading Tix.
I hate debian and want real source, not binaries.

Possible?  Or wait for a more stable version?

Laura Creighton