sgmllib.py not good at handling <br/>

Martin von Loewis loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Wed May 16 13:31:40 EDT 2001

Chris Withers <chrisw at nipltd.com> writes:

> How would I go about improving it to that it does something sensible with
> XHTML-ish tags like <br/>?

Write a patch, and submit it to sourceforge.net/projects/python

> What should I be reading or who should I be talking to?

I think reading the sgmllib source should be sufficient, for this
specific feature. There is probably a lot of SGML literature if you
want to make sgmllib support more SGML, but it is not mandatory to
read it. Somebody will review your patch once it is on SF, and ask for
clarification in case it is not clear that your patch is really an
improvement.

Regards,
Martin