Python 2.0 quick reference...

Simon Brunning SBrunning at trisystems.co.uk
Fri May 25 04:07:23 EDT 2001

> From:	Robin Becker [SMTP:robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk]
> I just got the version with dark magenta change lines and rather regret
> the colour/format changes since the initial release. In particular my
> default visited link colour is darkmagenta and I think darkmagenta on
> the steelblue looks less than obvious.

Whatever colours I pick, *someone* is going to hate them. I'm just sorry
that it's you, Robin!

I'm not going to make any further changes to the 2.0 version, but I'm
planning to extensively revamp the whole document for the 2.1 version. At
very least, I'm going to get rid of nearly every <pre> tag, and to
externalise the formatting into a css. That would allow people download the
document and to muck about with the format to their heart's content.

But I'm actually thinking of going one step further, and keeping the master
document in XML format (possibly using DocBook?) and transforming to HTML as
required. And indeed into PDF using your own wonderful ReportLab tool.

But I don't know *anything* about this stuff - I've just bought 'XML in a
Nutshell', so we'll see how I get on. But if anyone has any advice, don't be
shy!

> Anyhow thanks a lot for this and how do we tell that it has been updated
> as the 16 May 2001 date didn't change.

Yup, my bad. I should have changed the date. Sorry.

Cheers,
Simon Brunning
TriSystems Ltd.
sbrunning at trisystems.co.uk