Python-Dev?

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Wed May 23 15:35:07 EDT 2001

On Fri, May 18, 2001 at 04:21:25AM -0400, Tim Peters wrote:
> [Stephen Hansen]
> > ... I'm wondering: is the python-dev mailing list open?

> Anyone can post to it, and anyone can read it, but it can only be read by
> non-members via the clunky web interface:
>
>     http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/

Note that it would be a piece of cake to make a little Python script to grab
the raw mbox files from the archive URL above and figure out the new
messages. All you need are the urllib, mailbox and smtplib (or whatever you
want to do with the new messages) and a few original lines to combine them
in the right way :)

I-guess-everyone-who'd-do-that-are-on-python-dev-alreadi-ly y'rs ;)
--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>