Reserved words as identifies (was Re: Long names are doom ?)

Tim Peters tim.one at home.com
Sun May 27 17:13:20 EDT 2001

[Chris Gonnerman]
> In another post Tim Peters says that Guido agrees with me on this;
> I'm flattered,

If you're flattered when Guido agrees with you, I'm afraid you'll feel
insulted when Guido doesn't -- since the latter will be more common, give up
the illusion of flattery now to save greater illusory pain later <wink>.
Besides, since Guido said this long before you, it's he who is flattered
that you agree with him.

> although according to the same post Guido requested a patch to do
> just this and so far no one has offered one.

I wouldn't take that as an indication of difficulty so much as that the few
people very comfortable hacking Python's parser (I'm not one of them) are
too busy with other work.

> Does anyone know of a "roadmap" to the Python parser internals?

You mean besides the source code?  Nope.  WYSI all there is.