Unix [was: do...until wisdom needed...]

Ben Hutchings ben.hutchings at roundpoint.com
Thu May 10 15:57:50 EDT 2001

Darren New <dnew at san.rr.com> writes:

> Douglas Alan wrote:
> >  DOS, which was the competition at the time, not Windoze 3.1,
>
> Actually, I think Windows 1 was out much earlier than windows 3. DOS was
> just the *successful* competition from Microsoft. ;-) And of course
> Xenix was around there somewhere too.

Windows 1.0 was released in 1985.  I've never used it, but it was
apparently quite useless.  I remember Windows 2.0, though; in my
experience, people whose computers came with it pre-installed kept it
only so they could play the games that were included.

--
Any opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of Roundpoint.