os.execv problem

Timothy Reaves treaves at silverfields.com
Thu May 10 15:53:02 EDT 2001

	Hello.

	I am trying to use os.execv().  My argument list contains a string of
directoryies like "/opt/program1.2.3:/opt/otherprogram" wich is the same
format as the unix PATH statement.  When I print args, I get what I
would expect:
/opt/program1.2.3:/opt/otherprogram

However, when my program runs (via the execv call), it prints out an
error saying:
"error: /opt/program1/2/3:/opt/otherprogram: directory not found!"

	It would seem that the execv call is replacing all '.' characters with a
'/' character, which is bad.  How do I prevent this?

	Thanks.