py2exe - too many Tk files

Nick Perkins nperkins7 at home.com
Sun May 27 21:34:47 EDT 2001

py2exe has worked well for me, too,
using either Tkinter or WxPython.

..but while we're on that topic...

[Alex Martelli]
> Not saying this can't be optimized a lot better, mind you --
> for example, all of those files in 'demos' are no doubt quite
> removable.

..what is up with all those Tk demo files in there?
Doesn't py2exe pick and choose only needed Tk files?
Surely a simple app could do with only a small subset
of the Tcl/Tk files that I find included in the 'dist'..

Can I, (how can I) trim down those (almost 2MB) Tcl/Tk files?
Do I have to do it manually, if so, how do I know which files are needed?