No flock() in Windows!?

Jonathan Feinberg jdf at pobox.com
Sun May 6 22:12:13 EDT 2001

I'm fairly new to Python, and have been enjoying it.

In rewriting an old Perl script into Python, I was staggered to
discover that there is simply no fcntl support at all on the Windows
platform.  Such support is entirely platform-transparent in Perl, and
I don't know how to work without it!

How do you folks write cross-platform scripts that safely provide for
advisory locking?

I have searched the library docs and FAQ, I have searched the web and
the Google Usenet archive.  If I missed something, pointers will be
gladly followed.
--
Jonathan Feinberg   jdf at pobox.com   Sunny Brooklyn, NY
http://pobox.com/~jdf