Another dict method...

Stephen Hansen news at myNOSPAM.org
Sat May 19 01:18:06 EDT 2001

... Dictionaries aren't sorted, and I can't imagine an iterator is going to
go through the trouble of sorting them. Even with iterators, if you wish to
iterate over a dictionary in sorted order, you'll have to do what you do
now, I believe... that is, extract the .keys() and sort them, then iterate
over them.

    for key in dict.keys().sort()

for instance.

Then again, I only know about iterators what i've been reading here, so may
bewrong.. but i can't imagine I am in this one instance. :)

--Stephen
(replace 'NOSPAM' with 'seraph' to respond in email)

news:9e4uda$13fu0$1 at ID-11957.news.dfncis.de...