Tkinter wm_withdraw doesn't work

Courageous jkraska1 at san.rr.com
Sun May 20 13:14:41 EDT 2001

On Sun, 20 May 2001 19:40:14 +0300, Niki Spahiev <spahievi at vega.bg> wrote:

>5/20/2001, 15:54:04, Carl Fink wrote:
>
>CF> Does wxPython have the same "You must also learn C" restriction?
>
>It has C++ manual with Python specific notes.

More generally, one of the reasons I believe that this is a problem with
regards to Python and those libraries is that the Python wrappers were
written by enthusiasts of those libraries who were primarily desiring to
achieve the ability to USE those libraries in Python. The "make it usable
to everyone else" part of this is playing second string, therefore leading
to thin documentation.

One generally OUGHT to learn C in conjunction with Python, however.
C is an important substrate of Python; one of Python's reasons of
existence is to wrap C.

C//