PEP 234: Iterators

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Mon May 7 09:51:26 EDT 2001

On Mon, 7 May 2001, Neil Schemenauer wrote:

> Roman Suzi wrote:
> > The problem with the PEP 204 is that proposed syntax
> > is very confuing and asking to make an error.
> >
> > But I am sure that Python need nicier range, than range.
> > Even if it will be as in Perl:   1 .. 10
> > or more "pythonish"  1 ... 10
>
> So grab PEP 204 and create a new PEP from it with your proposed
> syntax.

I am not sure abput "reference implementation" part.
And also the proposed syntax has very narrow application:

only for range(start, end+1) things.
Any other additions almost certainly will add non-clarity.

OK. Probably

1, 3 ... 11

is right way to specify the equivalent of

range(1, 11+1, 3-1)

(Note the diff)

eg:

>>> for i in 1, 3 ... 11: