Why aren't we all speaking LISP now?

Evan Jones EvanJ at eyron.com
Sun May 13 03:20:22 EDT 2001

	>>From:	Sheila King [SMTP:sheila at spamcop.net]
	>>Anyhow, Python is great, but I've clearly missed out on Lisp and
will have to
	>>remedy that deficiency later.

	Yeah, this thread made me feel the same.  I've just spent the
weekend reading 'Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs' (the MIT
book on Scheme, which some one had mentioned earlier) to try and work out
what all the LISP hype was about.  Any way I found the book more
interesting/ useful than I guessed it would be, which got me thinking about
what I've missed out on not studying computer science, so I was wondering
what books people would put in their list of all time best/ must read
computer science texts?

	Uru

	Evan