Python 2.1 HPUX 10.20 compile

Michael Brown mfbrown1 at students.uiuc.edu
Mon May 21 18:49:38 EDT 2001

Hi.

I'm hoping someone can help me get python 2.1 compiled for HP-UX 10.20. I
had no problems with the 2.0 version, but it seems like anything I do with
the 2.1 version falls apart.  I'm using the gcc 2.95.2 compiler.

With python 2.1, I have problems with the termios and curses section of
the build.  Since the setup.py tries to build termio and curses, and the
Modules/Setup file has the related lines commented out, I manually tweaked
the setup.py file so as not to include these portions of the build.
Either way, when I do a make test, I get this error:

PYTHONPATH= ./python -tt ./Lib/test/regrtest.py -l
/bin/sh: 26072 Trace/BPT trap(coredump)
gmake: [test] Error 133 (ignored)
PYTHONPATH= ./python -tt ./Lib/test/regrtest.py -l
/bin/sh: 26112 Trace/BPT trap(coredump)
gmake: *** [test] Error 133

Any suggestions would be welcome.  Thanks!

Mike