setting dependency on .h files with distutils or Setup.in

Harald Kirsch kirschh at lionbioscience.com
Mon May 21 05:52:45 EDT 2001

A little flame first, to wake everyone up:

  The distutils are very immature, right?

Actually I cannot believe this myself, but I cannot find a way to
declare that an extension module `something.so' depends on the header
file `bla.h' which is used in `something.c'.

Is that possible? Where is it in the docs? Which source file
should I read? Do I have to subclass distutils.Extension for that?

TIA,
  Harald Kirsch