!!! URGENT - Need help ... Installing Python !!!

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Tue May 29 07:12:45 EDT 2001

On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 12:49:24PM +0200, HoKi wrote:

> c) when I wanted to start "make", i became following message:
>     > make

> >gcc -c -g -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -I. -I./Include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -o
> Modules/python.o Modules/python.c
>     >In file included from /usr/include/errno.h:36,
>     >            from Include/Python.h:48,
>     >            from Modules/python.c:3:
>     >/usr/include/bits/errno.h:25: linux/errno.h: No such file or directory
>     >make: *** [Modules/python.o] Error 1

> What was wrong? What does the Errormessage mean? Do I have a
> misconfiguration on my system? How can I remove this Error?
> Please help me ... it's very important for my diploma ...

You don't have the linux kernel headers installed on your system, but you
need them to be able to compile things. Or maybe you do have the linux
kernel headers, but they aren't symlinked properly. You can choose between
installing a for-your-distribution-standard package of kernel headers
(like, e.g., 'kernel-headers-<version>.rpm', if you're using RedHat) or
installing the source for the linux kernel version you're running in
/usr/src/linux, and then running 'make symlinks'.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>