wanted. english word.

Jonathan Feinberg jdf at pobox.com
Mon May 28 11:14:21 EDT 2001

Laura Creighton <lac at cd.chalmers.se> writes:

> What do you call the thing that pops up and says `Searching' or something
> to reassure the user that his computer hasn't crashed and the application
> is still running? 

Well, Tog and other Macintosh GUI evangelists (past and present) would
probably call such a thing an "hourglass".  It should appear whenever
an action will take longer than a second or so, and it should be

Jonathan Feinberg   jdf at pobox.com   Sunny Brooklyn, NY

More information about the Python-list mailing list