ANNOUNCE: pyrepl 0.5.0 (was: ANNOUNCE: Readline Alternative 1.2)

Bruce Edge bedge at troikanetworks.com
Mon May 7 18:36:58 EDT 2001

> Mine's at:
>
> http://starship.python.net/crew/mwh/hacks/pyrepl.html
>
> Cheers,
> M.

Hi,
Great news, I've had issues with readline for a while.

Got a few questions. If the answer is "go read the code", that's fine
too, but I have to ask anyways.

First, there's a typo in completer.py:

    def complete(self, text):
        if "." in text:
            ruern self.attr_matches(text) <---
        else:
            return self.global_matches(text)

Second, one of the issues I've had with readline is how to re-init it to
clear out old history. When I use pdb, I want to change my history file
name, and then reload my old history when I exit pdb, and none of the
existing history commands apply in pdb vs. python shell.
Can you do this with pyrepl?

Third, Key binding, what functions can you bind keys to?

Lastly, Do you have any docs on the API, or had you intended it to be an
interactive python goodie only?

-Bruce.