Which GUI Lib?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at rempt.xs4all.nl
Tue May 15 01:50:49 EDT 2001

David LeBlanc <whisper at oz.nospamnet> wrote:
> In article <mailman.989873360.29166.python-list at python.org>,
> bsass at freenet.edmonton.ab.ca says...
> <snip>
>> How much of a barrier is there to PyQt for Windows users?
>> If I understand it correctly... PyQt is free, but Qt is not, so all
>> you need is the Qt libs to compile your own PyQt -- can these be from
>> any app you have that uses Qt, or do you need stuff you can only get
>> from a Qt source distribution (included in BlackAdder, ya?)?
> <snip>
>> - Bruce

> With the advent of Black Adder, PyQT seems to be either no longer
> available or is bundled with Black Adder and is no longer free - or both.

This is absolutely incorrect. PyQt is as free as it ever was: just
download the source, and compile it. There's even a .zip package with
the sources for Windows. All you need is a developers license of Qt to
compile for Windows; on Unix even Qt is free.

--

Boudewijn Rempt  | http://www.valdyas.org | Christos Voskrese!