Against PEP 240

Laura Creighton lac at cd.chalmers.se
Wed May 30 12:30:10 EDT 2001

Robin Becker writes:
>so then it ought to be easy for either side and then the default ought
>to rest with the existing python tradition.

No.  What will take more time?  Having all of us convert All of our
python code to use the old floats by adding one line per file?  Or
reading articles in comp.lang.python about why doesn't floating point
work properly -- even if we just immediately hit `n' (or whatever you do)
as soon as we recognize that it is just another poor soul who doesn't
understand about floating point?  even if we don't answer the question?

I suppose we could configure Narval to answer those questions automatically
but unless you also delete them from the mailing list/newsgroup I will
still waste too much time this way.

Laura