os.path.escape?

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at home.com
Fri May 18 16:25:10 EDT 2001

Sort of my point in asking if anyone has a library function:  I haven't a
clue what the various os-en do or do not allow, so my writing the module
would obviously mean that all right-thinking Unix users would be denied the
undeniably unixish space character for ever after. For safety, I'd likely
bar Mac users from using the "M" character because it's important that they
not be able to record files about me (the PSU is known to use Macs, though
that knowledge is classified, don't tell anyone...).

But thanks for the correction, my nefarious plot to take over the world may
succeed because of you :) .  I remember the little people ;) .
Mike