TIX - I need help Installing

Mike Clarkson support at internetdiscovery.com
Mon May 28 18:45:18 EDT 2001

On Mon, 28 May 2001 10:34:37 GMT, Peter Moscatt
<pmoscatt at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

><posted & mailed>
>
>G'Day Mike,
>
>Gee... tell ya what... if you could shed some light on this for me it would
>be greatly appreciated.
>Current issue:
>In the Tix install guide it indicates that I must have installed

Not *must* - *may*. Tix will work with Tk 8.0.5 or greater.

The current release of Tix should work with the latest stable
release of Tk (8.3.3), and definitely works woth 8.3.2. For Tk
reasons, the best earlier releases were 8.2.3 and 8.0.5.

If you are using the Python 2.0, you'll have to  apply the patches to
Python that are distributed with Tix 8.1.1, and then compile Tcl, Tk
and Tix from sources following the instructions in Modules/Setup.

Mike.