Python vs. Perl

Suchandra Thapa ssthapa at classes.cs.uchicago.edu
Sat May 26 15:00:14 EDT 2001

Jonathan Gardner <gardner at cardomain.com> wrote:
>"Dictionaries of Dictionaries"
>
>C/C++: I'll admit that in C++ STL some interpreters have problems with
>templates that have template types that are templates themselves. For
>instance, map<int, map<int, string>> fails in at least the Microsoft
>compiler, but you can use typedefs to get around that. It is wordy, and not
>very friendly, but the syntax is clear and easy to follow.

    Frankly, I don't think you should expect to much out of the Microsoft
STL.  I remember an annoying bug where I would get crashes in my app when
using Microsoft's STL deque but which went away when I changed the variable
types to vectors.  Also the scoping rules for declarations in a for loop is
annoying.

Suchandra Thapa                       | "There are only two kinds of math .
s-thapa-11 at NOSPAMalumni.uchicago.edu  | books. Those you cannot read beyond