loading extension problem

Mike Rovner mrovner at visteon.com
Thu May 24 00:57:52 CEST 2001


Hi folks,

I wrote an extension to my C application and it works just fine.
I used it on several computers with Solaris 2.7 and 2.8
The problem arise when I try to use it on another computer with
Solaris 2.6.
On that machine it refuses even to load. 

Python 2.0 compiled on 2.7 and seems to work on all computers.
On 2.6 it loads another .so extension (readline) without any problem.

I used WAD extension to get crash info:

WAD: Collecting debugging information...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".//tmc", line 13, in ?
    import Navmate
  File "Navmate.py", line 13, in ?
    import navmate
SegFault: [ C stack trace ]

#4   0x000332f0 in _PyImport_LoadDynamicModule(name=0xffbed678,pathname=0xffbed188,fp=0xff0903d4)
in 'importdl.c', line 52
#3   0xff090408 in initnavmate(0x0,0xffbed678,0xffbed188,0x0b45c0,0x0,0x02e)
#2   0x0003531c in Py_InitModule4(name=0xc1840,methods=0xff0a27ac,doc=0x0,passthrough=0x0,module_api_version=0xc1768)
in 'modsupport.c', line 57
#1   0x00052edc in PyDict_SetItemString(v=0x103f94,key=0x91aa8,item=0xc1768)
in 'dictobject.c', line 1225
#0   0xff136cbc in strlen(0x091aa8,0x0,0x0a2400,0x0,0x0,0x0)

/home/miker/dl/Python-2.0/Objects/dictobject.c, line 1225

        PyObject *kv;
        int err;
 =>     kv = PyString_FromString(key);
        if (kv == NULL)
                return -1;

Well, it doesn't make much sense for me.
May be someone can direct me.

Thank you,
Mike



More information about the Python-list mailing list