Teaching python (programming) to children

Arthur Siegel ajs at ix.netcom.com
Sat Nov 10 09:36:58 EST 2001

>Piaget's work is considered mainstream and valid these days.  I
>suppose there are people who think it's horseshit, but there are also
>some who think the earth is flat.

Then maybe I just need  change my strategy.

Everything I say is also based on Piaget - retroactively.

>I don't think Papert had any particular agenda to use Logo.  Logo was
>just a vehicle that he had available.  He could just as happily have
>used something else if he had it.

What  might he come up with using out-of-the-box Python,
maybe a 20 line underlying module, and a text editor?
Probably plenty. Truely succinct and Pythonic.

It always seem to me that *I* am being
the Python advocate in these discussions - and fighting
something uphill within the Python community
in being so.  Confusing.

Art