IsPython really O-O?

Tim Hammerquist tim at vegeta.ath.cx
Mon Nov 12 23:01:04 EST 2001

Adam Spitz <adamspitz at bigfoot.com> graced us by uttering:
> Tim Hammerquist wrote:
>> Besides, no matter how brilliant the programmer, in my experience,
                                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> a Smalltalker will never acknowledge anything except Smalltalk as
>> an OOP.  Don't waste your breath. =)

> For what it's worth, I consider myself a Smalltalker, and I like
> Python very much. I don't give a hoot about OO purity - I like
> Smalltalk because I'm really productive in it, and I like Python for
> the same reason. (Ruby, too. ;)

This is the exact reason I included that phrase. =) Also, it might have
been an unconscious attempt to bring some of the less argumentative
Smalltalkers out of hiding.  Your opinion may be quieter, but it's not
any less important.

> But then, maybe I'm in the minority...

Before your post, every Smalltalker I'd talked to said something very
similar to "That's alright, but if you want a _real_ OO language,
look at Smalltalk."

> Adam Spitz

Cheers!
Tim Hammerquist
--
Emacs is a nice OS - but it lacks a good text editor.
That's why I am using Vim.