Should we trust .NET? (was Re: PHP vs. Python/comp.lang.php?)

Chris Barker chrishbarker at
Wed Nov 28 23:28:57 CET 2001

Ken Seehof wrote:

> Also, the Open Source community generally likes to maximize
> interoperability, because the utility of the software and size of the user
> base tend to be the most important design objectives, whereas creating
> leverage for operating system market dominance is not an issue.

Interestingly, creating leverage for software license dominance IS an
issue. See:

I would argue that there is an altruisic motivation, rather than a
selfish one behind this, however.

Christopher Barker,