GUI toolkit

Magnus Lie Hetland mlh at
Tue Nov 20 11:01:35 CET 2001

"Bernhard Reiter" <bernhard at> wrote in message
news:9tb6ke$1evoq$3 at ID-

> It is less know that Qt is only Free Software (as in freedom) for X11,
> not for Windows or MacOSX.
> (For me that's a big argument.
> Everybody should be aware of it, I've seen this stated wrong many times.)

At least the Professional edition costs money... But does it prevent
you from building Free software? The FAQ only says that it allows you
(as opposed to the free/Free version) to make non-Free software...

And the Free version is very Free (in a very negative sense, IMO) in that it
contaminates software that has been *developed* with the Free version, even
if you ship it with the Professional software... Scary... I'm glad Emacs
doesn't come with a license like that. <shudder>

> Bernhard

Magnus Lie Hetland                           The Anygui Project