ZODBCDA Error...python15.dll not found!!

Gerhard =?unknown-8bit?Q?H=E4ring?= gh_pythonlist at gmx.de
Mon Nov 12 22:50:23 EST 2001

On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 04:10:24PM -0800, Jose Rivera wrote:
> Hi...
>
> I just installed ZOPE 2.4.2 on NT, and works great, I downloaded
> ZODBCDA unzipped on "c:\program files\ZopeTest\" and when I start Zope
> reports an error:
>
> Unable to Locate Python15.dll !!!
>
> I think that this DLL it's old... because Python 2.1 it's the newer
> version...

What database adapter is ZODBCDA using? mxODBC? What you need is a version of
the database adapter that's built for Python 2.1. No problem for mxODBC (please
note that the license changed! You might have to buy a license.), just download
a newer version from the web page. You might have to do tricks if it's a binary
installer. It won't let you install ZOPE, the trick is to install a regular
Python 2.1, install the package with the binary installer, then copy the files
in the proper directories of your ZOPE installation.

On my homepage (see sig) you can find an installer that installs the
mx-Extensions (mxDateTime et al., you will need mxDateTime for almost every
database module) onto ZOPE. And the same thing for MySQLdb/ZMySQLDA.

HTH,

Gerhard
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    http://www.cs.fhm.edu/~ifw00065/    OpenPGP public key id 86AB43C0